- All swimmers must swim the prescribed course and ensure that their name is marked off the official entrants register at the conclusion of the Byron Bay Property Sales Ocean Swim Classic and or, the Byron Bay Mitre 10 Mini Swim even if they do not complete the course.
- Swimmers must swim in the race category for which they are eligible.
- All swimmers must wear their prescribed cap and electronic tag.
- A swimmer may use extraneous aids, e.g. fins, snorkels or flotation clothing or devices, but such swimmers will not be eligible for any prize or qualify as an official placegetter, and must notify officials when finishing the event.
- Any swimmer accompanying an under 15 year aged swimmer or partner will not be eligible for a prize or qualify as an official place getter and must notify officials when finishing the event.
- All swimmers are to behave in a fair and sportsmanlike manner without interference or aggression towards other competitors and any breach of this rule may result in disqualification from the Byron Bay Property Sales Ocean Swim Classic and or, the Byron Bay Mitre 10 Mini Swim.
- If, in the opinion of an event medical officer or a water safety official, a competitor is physically or otherwise incapable of starting or completing the Byron Bay Property Sales Ocean Swim Classic and or, the Byron Bay Mitre 10 Mini Swim, or has been in the water for 90 minutes, such competitor may be disqualified from starting or be removed from the water at any time
Ruling on Hi-Tech Swimsuits
To be eligible for prizes and placings, swimmers must wear only conventional swimming costumes made from lycra and/or nylon and/or polyester.
Costumes must contain no neoprene or any other "high-tech" material or substance or any material with any flotation support.
Male swimmers must wear only briefs with no arms, legs or any part of the costume covering their body above the waist. Female swimmers must wear either one or two piece costumes with no arms or legs.
It does not preclude "rashies" worn for protection from the sun and/or stingers, provided they are not made from neoprene or any other "high-tech" material or substance or any material with any flotation support.
Risk Warning (Section 5M Civil Liability Act 2002)
Warning is given to all entrants in the Byron Bay Property Sales Ocean Classic and/or, Mini Swim that there is the risk of harm to their person and/or property arising from any inadequacy of physical condition or stamina to complete the swim, hazardous sea and beach conditions including sea currents and waves and the presence of sea craft and sea creatures and other hazards